IntermediateBy the end of the Level-2 course, you will be able to get up on the board for your first water start. During this Course you will improve your flying skills, body drag in the water and body drag upwind. You will also obtain the ability to perform a self water rescue.
Prerequisites: Level-1 Discovery or an equal course provided by a reputable kite school. You must be able to swim and be at least 14 years old.
You will learn and master the following steps in the Level-2 Intermediate course. The approximate time for the course is 2.5-3 hours. A maximum of 1 student per Level-2 course.
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- Upwind body drag to recover the board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while body dragging
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for a water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position
- Water start in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal and wind forecasts
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions