On completion, you will be able to ride upwind and maybe even do your first jump! This program is aimed at making you an independent kiteboarder. You may also be able to work on more advanced techniques if time permits.
Prerequisites: Level-2 Intermediate or an equal course provided by a reputable kite school. You must be able to swim and be at least 14 years old.
You will attempt to master as many of the following steps in the Level-3 Independent course. The approximate time for the course is 3 hours. A maximum of 1 student per Level-3 course.
- Control the riding speed by edging
- Consistent riding in both directions
- Consistent riding in all directions including upwind
- Ride amongst other riders, water users and respect the right of way rules
- Change direction with out stopping
- Make a toe side turn
- Risk assessment and awareness of the riding area
- Self Launch
- Know the theory and safety rules for jumping
- Land a basic Jump